Page 1 of 1

PHP Nuke

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:09 am
by arfur
I have installed phpnuke.org onto one of the sites I manage. Chris has helped me have a play (then gave up :x , not really)

However I am determined to get it working :!:

The site I am working on is http://www.stalbansscouts.co.uk and the phpnuke version is http://www.stalbansscouts.co.uk/nuke.

The reason I want to change is it takes me ages to put stuff up then even longer to remember to take it down. With PHPNuke I can hopefully get it to do it itself and get others to post instead of me. I will only have to check it.

Anyway if anyone else has any knowledge of PHP Nuke I would love to know, so I can pick your brains :mrgreen:

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:38 am
by fac51
what's phpnuke do?

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:46 am
by Chris
:'( try the support forums on phpnuke.com

<i>Posted from a mobile</i>

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:41 am
by arfur
Its a content manager. Like what you need for guru.

<i>Posted from a mobile</i>

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:52 am
by fac51
will have to have a look. maybe i could use it in the site revamp. does the whole site have to be in php?

<i>Posted from a mobile</i>

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:14 pm
by arfur
No, you can do links to self created pages. It can have a phpBB board as an add on so registered users on the forum will be also registered n the webby with same user/pwd's

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:31 pm
by arfur
After a couple me lunch times playing i an starting to see how phpnuke works. Still totally confusing for me though.

<i>Posted from a mobile</i>

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:11 pm
by fac51
sounds good tho. is it free?

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:08 pm
by arfur
I only do free :) (yes)

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:53 pm
by arfur
UPDATE

I gave up with PHP Nuke. I have however found a proggy called siteframe, which does what I want it to do although it is as graphically as good. You cant win them all ! On the scouta webby I have the content I wanted displayed just need to work out how to change the templates for the layout now.

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:24 pm
by mr mixin
The thing that annoys me with phpnuke etc., is that they are used alot in gaming clan websites, and no one has ever managed to make a design thats actually good, and somewhat different to everyone elses :arse:

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:32 pm
by MaThIbUs
arfur > phpWebSite is told to do a good job too...

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:57 pm
by arfur
My host has fantastico (installs open source stuff with a couple of clicks) and I have tried most of them. Siteframe has been the first one where I have been able to get it to do what I want and not something nearly close. But yes you can spot one a mile off.