Page 5 of 6
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:03 am
by genghis
I got a mate that works for orange,I have sent him on a mission to find me a deal

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:39 pm
by genghis
Change of plan.
I phoned vodafone again ?360 grrr
I told the girl I had a good offer from Orange and I would be taking my gf with me.
She gave me the number of their customer retention(SP?) hotline (07002070809)
They offered me P800 for ?230 with ?50 credit on my account.
end result courier delivered P800 to my office next day for ?170
It pays to bitch 'n' moan

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:27 pm
by Vlammetje
230 minus 50 = 170???
u really sure??
anyway.... well done. A little blackmail never hurts

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:39 pm
by fac51
nice one

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:18 pm
by 117
Eamonn wrote:and then you can just transfer your number across.. virgin do that for free as long as you have spent 30 quid on calls etc.
yeah but with that you gotta take into account the fact that virgin are complete arse
Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:53 am
by genghis
I'm with the roo on that one.
When I was living in Barry only 2 networks had any signal strength Vodafone and Orange, I would have gone with orange but .... they .... make .... Me .... So ..... ANGRYaaaaghghh.
Stupid orange
Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:33 pm
by Andy
Im in the same sorta boat, as im gonna get a new tephelone after chrimble. I bought my P8 for ?365 SIM free bout 6 months ago, and i love the bugger to bits. Dont think i could settle for a phone that dont have wav ringtones and a built in mp3 player!
Im tempted by the P900, but i know that theres gonna be a successor to that coming out in the not too distant future so might not be worth the bother.
What i really want is a Pocket PC/Phone (not SPV, REPEAT, not SPV) running Windows Mobile 2003, as ive ard=sed about with the xda 2 and its the dogs bollocks.
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:51 pm
by Eamonn
captain kangaroo wrote:Eamonn wrote:and then you can just transfer your number across.. virgin do that for free as long as you have spent 30 quid on calls etc.
yeah but with that you gotta take into account the fact that virgin are complete arse
why?

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:58 pm
by 117
hmmm lemme see....
no network
shitty annoying adverts
main point of sale being Our Price and GadgetShop (like fook would i ever buy a phone from that's entire product range is worthless tat (applys to gadgetshop, but most of our price is the same)
Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 2:20 pm
by Eamonn
erm...
yes network...
never received an ad off 'em...
just buy a sim card instead of the phone...
Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:18 pm
by 117
Eamonn wrote:
never received an ad off 'em...
i mean the tv ads u

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:56 pm
by Eamonn
and orange, o2, t-mobile dont?
btw, u

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:57 pm
by 117
yeah but....
u

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:27 pm
by Vlammetje
Found this article this morning, and I was kinda reminded of the discussion above:
Virgin most loved
Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:45 pm
by 117
propaganda!