Vlamm, pretty sure you said that you've succesfully set up a FAT32 partition so you can share data (media etc) between Windows and Linux right?
I set up a 60Gb FAT32 partition using gparted in Ubuntu, and edited my /etc/fstab so that it automatically mounts on startup and i can read/write to it no problems using Ubuntu. (i've since heard that FAT32 only supports up to 32Gb so have resized to 30GB using Gparted again)
However, when I boot to Windows it doesn't recognise the partition as a disk at all. In Disk Management it shows as a healthy FAT32 partition, but won't let me perform any function other than delete it!
Vlam! Ubuntu Partitioning help please!
aha 
I've encountered the same... ie XP on my box did not like the idea of partitions created under non windows OS and refused to realise that it even existed. After reinstalling XP on its own partition it happily acknowledged the FAT partition as D:\ though (and tis 119GB in my case
)
Since my Windows was a rather fresh install at the time I didn;t mind reinstalling it.... but if you don't IU think you should try and run Partition Magic (or something similar) from window to at least let it find the disk?
I've encountered the same... ie XP on my box did not like the idea of partitions created under non windows OS and refused to realise that it even existed. After reinstalling XP on its own partition it happily acknowledged the FAT partition as D:\ though (and tis 119GB in my case
Since my Windows was a rather fresh install at the time I didn;t mind reinstalling it.... but if you don't IU think you should try and run Partition Magic (or something similar) from window to at least let it find the disk?
www.vlammetje.com
Why not try samba, and share a file.
I've done it here at work, cause were abandoning M$ but have to keep one M$ poota to run some apps at.
Just the ohter day I sent 10 gig of data to an ubuntu and the M$ for storing it. worked fine.
Just a thought.
Samba installs via Adept. Jus choose it.
Make sure you have a network running on thev M$ and samba will find it
I've done it here at work, cause were abandoning M$ but have to keep one M$ poota to run some apps at.
Just the ohter day I sent 10 gig of data to an ubuntu and the M$ for storing it. worked fine.
Just a thought.
Samba installs via Adept. Jus choose it.
Make sure you have a network running on thev M$ and samba will find it
If You feel free, get a job....
Maybe this helps?
http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxT ... #MOUNTNTFS
Or this http://ubit.buffalo.edu/linux/ublinux4/samba.php or thishttp://www.geocities.com/cyberkabila/faq/linuxfaq3.htm
And maybe you dont know it google has a Linux searhmachine here http://www.google.com/linux
By the way I'm using Kubuntu and Mandriva 2006 PP+ and it's a bit different in some parts so if some things are not in ubuntu then look for the equivalent thingy instead.
http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxT ... #MOUNTNTFS
Or this http://ubit.buffalo.edu/linux/ublinux4/samba.php or thishttp://www.geocities.com/cyberkabila/faq/linuxfaq3.htm
And maybe you dont know it google has a Linux searhmachine here http://www.google.com/linux
By the way I'm using Kubuntu and Mandriva 2006 PP+ and it's a bit different in some parts so if some things are not in ubuntu then look for the equivalent thingy instead.
If You feel free, get a job....

